The Mage Initiative
Correspondence is the Sphere presiding over the connection between all things, and the true distance/pathways that exist throughout the world.
Correspondence is often sought after as one of the most defensive Spheres in the game, allowing one to create proper protective Effects. Correspondence also allows one to scry and travel from place to place quickly.
Correspondence does not typically deal damage directly.
Typically other spheres would be involved, and their damage ratings would apply.
Correspondence 1 – Dedicant
- Sense space and distortions or absences within it.
- Sense connections between objects and people
- Dedicants of Correspondence benefit from an improved sense of direction (-1 difficulty to finding their way to places they have already been)
Correspondence 2 – Initiate
- Close space (shorten travel, punch someone from 10 feet away)
- Expand space (lengthen travel, prevent someone from punching you even though they are right in front of you)
- Scry across a large county area
- Create Correspondence Wards (1 to 1 ratio to defend against scrying, teleportation, etc. – successes are spent after defending)
- Create Correspondence points for reference (be able to note exactly where you were in a maze or which pathways have already been taken.)
Correspondence 3 – Disciple
- Teleport self (objects and people can also be teleported, but only with the appropriate Sphere rating)
- Scry across large State area
- Create loops in space (never ending hallways, a door that should lead to the bedroom but goes into the kitchen)
- Create Correspondence Shields (1 to 1 ratio for defense, do not deplete after defending)
- Co-Locate self (be in two places at once, scry multiple places at once. Mind 1 is encouraged to help make sense of what is happening)
- Spatial coexistence of self (exist in the same space as another object or person – one can perform this task on other patterns with the appropriate Spheres, i.e. hide a ring inside a wall)
- Disciples of Correspondence benefit from improved sense of direction (-3 difficulty to find ones way to a place they have been to or seen before even on a map)
Correspondence 4 – Adept
- Open small portals in space (human to car sized – i.e. drive from New York to California in 3 seconds)
- Create pockets of space (not just an endless hallway or door that cannot be entered, but a place that does not exist in our world)
- Connect places together (my front door goes to your house across town)
- Sever Correspondence ties between two things/people
- Scry across the Hemisphere
- Co-Locate people/things
Correspondence 5 – Master
- Open large portals in space (whale sized)
- Scry across the globe and potentially beyond
- Spacial coexistence of locations (my house and your house exist in the same space)
- Create spatial realms (no longer create simply a pocket, but a small dimension outside of space)